In this page, We will look into the connection between asterisk and web application.
1. We need IP address or domain name with installed SSL certificate(either self signed or TLS). (TLS certification is required only for OUTBOUND calls not for extension calls)
2. 80,443,8089 Ports should be accessible.
3. Sudo access should be enabled for the user.
Connection between Asterisk and your own application
We will be use the below libraries to make the the connection between Asterisk and our application.
Once you imported the above libraries. Change the configuration settings. Use the Asterisk PJSIP credentials here.
realm - 'example.org' //Asterisk domain name
user name - 'webrtc_client' //pjsip user name
password - 'webrc_client' //pjsip password
wss - 'sip:example.org:8089' //full asterisk URL with port number
display_name - 'example' // organization or application name for asterisk connection
Once the configurations are done, You can make Outbound or Extension calls.
What can be done through Asterisk
We can use the below features in our applications from these libraries Sipml5 or Sipjs.
Posts related to Asterisk:
1. Asterisk server setup - https://e2ehiring.com/blogs/asterisk%20server%20setup-151
2. One way audio issue in Asterisk - https://e2ehiring.com/blogs/one%20way%20audio%20issue%20in%20asterisk-232